Friday, June 17, 2011

Adventures in Eating

We've been really lucky that Maya is a fairly adventurous eater - she'll try just about anything, though some food does get rejected. I've read that kids sometimes dislike certain foods due to texture rather than taste, so I've been experimenting with different textures. For example, tonight we had tomato fettucine with a kale basil pesto cream sauce. Pasta is one of her favorite foods, and with that pesto, we got a bit of leafy greens in our meal!

The other night I was cutting up a roasted beet for salad and Maya looked very curious, so I gave her some. She proceeded to eat almost half the beet! And she was quite happy about it:















She's also really interested whenever I get out the salad spinner, so of course I enlisted her as a helper for that:



















I haven't been able to convince her to eat salad yet, but maybe one day she'll actually eat the greens that are in the spinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment