Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye

Today, I tried to get Maya to take naps without needing her binky. It was not easy, and in the great Binky Battle of 2010, Maya seems to have the upper hand. Hyder pointed out to me that she has been trained on the binky so it's difficult to convince her not to use it. I know that's true, but I also know that she's growing up and I don't think she needs the comfort of the binky anymore to go to sleep.

Anyway, everyone cheered up after a visit to our friends' house for their annual pumpkin carving party. Even though we didn't actually carve a pumpkin, we enjoyed the company of our friends and their kids. Maya played with some fun toys, including another rocking chair:





















And she also bounced along on the Rody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf2vYwz-PBU

I will continue trying to get Maya to sleep without needing her binky, and hopefully we'll continue to find fun diversions like we did today!

No comments:

Post a Comment