Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blowing Kisses

Maya is so much fun these days - it seems like she's learning new things all the time. Her newest trick is blowing kisses, though her version is a bit noisier than the typical kiss-blowing. We managed to get her to do it on camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK8NCxx8UGM

And it only took a couple days for her to learn that! She's also learned how to blow her nose, but I didn't think that was video-worthy.

In other news, Maya is still on the verge of walking and talking. She loves to toddle around holding on to our hands or cruise along the sofas in the living room; all of this movement makes me a bit worried for long plane flights for the holidays in December. But somehow we'll get through it! And she can pull herself up quite easily now, which meant that her crib had to be lowered again last weekend. She finally fits into 18 month pants and shirts, so all of her 12 month items are slowly being retired to the clothes pile in the attic.

Finally, we (and by that, I mean mostly me) are looking forward to Halloween coming up soon - Maya will be a bumblebee! She has two parties to attend even before the 31st, and we're hoping to take her trick-or-treating as well. Since I try not to give her too much sugar, I guess I'll have to force myself to eat some of her candy. I know, it'll be quite a sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment