Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Successful Weeknight Dinner

So, I think I've discovered the secret to hosting a successful weeknight dinner at home: choose recipes that can be partially or fully made ahead of time, and then prep/cook one or two nights in advance.
We had our neighbors over for dinner tonight - we started with appetizers including caprese crostini and figs with goat cheese, very thoughtfully provided by our guests. Next up was carrot soup with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of parsley. After that we had stuffed peppers with kale & rice - thanks to our CSA for great veggies! Dessert consisted of apples stuffed with mascarpone, baked in red wine, topped with honey. We were all very full afterward. :)

Now if I were good at this blogging thing, I'd have photos of all the food. But since I'm just a novice, the only photo I remembered to take was of dessert:



Well, one photo is better than none!

Updated: I realized I forgot to add photos of Maya with our neighbors!  Here they are:
















No comments:

Post a Comment