Sunday, September 26, 2010

As Usual, I'm Late

As with so many other things in life, I'm late to this whole blogging thing. I probably should have started one last year when we found out about the impending arrival of Baby Husain. Or I could have started one when Baby Maya arrived. Anyway, here I am finally, publishing my boring thoughts on the world wide web. This way I can provide a bit more description of all our adventures for our family and friends who live far away.

One note on the name: I don't mean to imply that our lives are like a late night comedy show, though honestly it does occasionally feel that way. The name is more of a reference to the fact that we tend to stay up late at night and I suspect that's when many of these blog posts will happen.

So here's what we did yesterday: went to a wedding! Our friends D and C had a beautiful ceremony and reception. Maya accompanied us for the ceremony - here's a photo of the three of us:


After the ceremony, Maya headed out with our friends J, R, and Z to watch the airplanes, eat yummy food, and go to bed at a proper bedtime. Hyder and I enjoyed the reception afterward at a beautiful yacht club - here's a photo of the gorgeous sunset:


All in all, a terrific day with perfect weather!

2 comments:

  1. Did you get a haircut? Looks cute! And I totally recognize that dress from the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cate - Yep I did get a haircut! And I thought you'd recognize that dress - I got so many compliments on it, and people were shocked that I got it at a swap. Thank goodness I have a great friend who organizes those swaps. :)

    ReplyDelete